Technical specifications for a Distributed Antenna Signal (DAS) to connect with the future PSERN system will need the following requirements:
- Must be capable of supporting 800 MHz analog operation including a 800 MHz APCO Project 25, TIA-102 Phase I FDMA and Phase II TDMA
- Fiber fed BDAs are preferred. If it is not available, the PSERN signal will need to be received from a repeater site (In these cases, the appropriate donor repeater site will be determined at the time of authorization).
- All PSERN compatible BDAs must be an FCC Class A channelized BDA capable of supporting up to 28 channels
- BDAs must be fitted with anti-oscillation circuitry and per-channel AGC
- BDAs and associated equipment must meet all applicable local, state, national codes, ordinances, and FCC Rules
- BDAs must be capable of uplink squelch operation
See also Resources…