Stakeholder Action Items
The PSERN Project upgrade to the current King County Emergency Radio Communications System (KCERCS), requires that all buildings with public safety DAS re-tune and recommission their equipment.
In preparation for the PSERN Migration Waves requires that Property Owners need to contract a DAS Vendors by September 1, 2021 to:
- Assess their current DAS equipment and configuration
- Perform updates to meet the PSERN radio system requirements
- Provide instructions and demonstrate to their Building Engineer how to temporarily disable the DAS in the event it is causing interference with the PSERN system
For more information on contracting a DAS Vendor, click here.
The PSERN Project is partnering with the Fire Marshals within King County to do the following:
- Adopt technical criteria for the PSERN system, as required by NFPA 1221 9.6.14, referenced in IFC 510.4.2.
- Ensure availability of technical criteria for the PSERN system.
- Update annual confidence testing process and certification of occupancy process to include PSERN uplink validation.