Property Responsibility for Maintaining a DAS
Just like fire alarm systems or sprinkler systems, public safety Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) must be maintained in working order and periodically inspected per the International Fire Code, Section 510.6.1: The owner of the building or owner’s authorized agent shall have the emergency responder radio coverage system be inspected and tested annually or where structural changes occur including additions or remodels that could materially change the original field performance tests.
Buildings are responsible for incorporating changes to the broadcast system (e.g. PSERN). Per the International Fire Code, Section 510.6.2: The building owner shall modify or expand the emergency responder radio coverage system at his or her expense in the event frequency changes are required by the FCC or other radio licensing authority, or additional frequencies are made available by the FCC or other radio licensing authority. Prior approval of a public safety radio coverage system on previous frequencies does not exempt this section.
Contract a DAS Vendor
To re-tune and recommission public safety DAS, properties must contract a DAS Vendor by September 1, 2021 to:
- Assess your current DAS equipment and configuration
- Perform updates to meet the PSERN radio system requirements
- Provide instructions and demonstrate to your Building Engineer how to temporarily disable your DAS in the event it is causing interference with the PSERN system
Recommended Criteria for Selecting DAS Vendors
The following are suggested criteria for a property to consider when selecting a DAS Vendor to service a public safety DAS:
- Valid Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued general radio operator’s license (GROL) held by the vendor.
- Certification of training by manufacturer of DAS equipment installed in the building.
- Other DAS training from trade organizations or other DAS equipment manufacturers.
- Records of performance describing execution of DAS installation, scheduling milestones, and quoted pricing.
- Records of experience with similar buildings and scopes of work, especially servicing and recertifying DAS.
- Customer references – consider similar size of building, type of building, geographic location.
- Demonstrated understanding of local interpretation of relevant fire code.
- WA licensed professional engineer on staff.
DAS Vendors List
The following companies have expressed interest in performing service work for properties with public safety DAS in King County and provided their contact information. Their inclusion on this list does not represent an endorsement or guarantee of any kind from the PSERN Project or King County. The PSERN Project does not credential, endorse, nor certify DAS Vendors.
|Point of Contact||
|1st Responders, LLC||Scott Sloughfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Airtower Networks||Brandon Harrisemail@example.com|
|Amplified Wireless Solutions, Inc.||Jim Muzynoskifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Berk-Tel Communications||Brian Berkenemail@example.com|
|Black Box||Paul Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cache Valley Electric||Lou Turneremail@example.com|
|Cal Building Systems||John Calvinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clearline Engineering||Lacie Christensenemail@example.com|
|Commdex, LLC.||Kalin Dreyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Connectivity Wireless||Shane Morganemail@example.com|
|Cosco Fire Protection||Trevor Mathewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|DAS Simplified||Patrick Garveyemail@example.com|
|Day Wireless Systems||Chris Noursefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Decypher Technologies, Inc.||Adas Wolkemail@example.com|
|Digitechx Wireless||Robby Keslingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|E2Optics, LLC||Alexander Danilyukemail@example.com|
|EZ-Interface||Ruslan “Russ” Matevfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fire Protection Inc||David Mowemail@example.com|
|HCI Systems||Mike Schmittfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Industrial Communications||Chris Gayemail@example.com|
|Leaf Communications||Curtis Burkhartfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Newbridge Wireless||Michael Zhangemail@example.com|
|PowerCom, Inc||Daniel Partridgefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prime Electric||Dan Scarsorieemail@example.com|
|Puget Sound Instrument||Lisa Ratkofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pulse Signal Solutions||Stephanie Adkinsemail@example.com|
|SDC Next||Steve Corcoranfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Silke Communications||Kenny Adamsonemail@example.com|
|Skyline Communications||Kyle Moorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Structured Communications||Bill Quesnellemail@example.com|
|Tempest Telecom Solutions, LLC||Luiz Schiavofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|800 MHz Group||Bill Silvernailemail@example.com|
Please contact DAS-PSERN@kingcounty.gov if you are a DAS Vendor wanted to be added to the list.