The following Project schedule timeframes are subject to change, but are accurate as of 3/25/21:
- Site Construction: April 2016 – September 2021* (building radio towers and infrastructure)
- Programming Templates: October 2019 – November 2021* (develop/program per radio)
- Radio Frequency Coverage Testing: April 2021 – October 2021* (testing end-user signal quality)
- Radio End-User Pilot Testing: November 2021 – December 2021* (proof/concept end-user test)
- Radio Deployment & Transition: November 2021 – October 2022 (distribution of agency radios)
- Full System Acceptance: February 2023 (transition operations to PSERN Operator)
*New since last month
The West Seattle Tower at Myrtle Reservoir Park was completed in the fall of 2020, but multiple parties, including the City of Seattle and King County Metro, had remaining work to conduct on the site before the old radio tower could be removed. All agencies coordinated their activities and neighbors in the immediate vicinity of the site were notified, via a mailed flyer, of the site status. The PSERN Project is excited to announce that we are on schedule and the week of April 12, 2021, the old radio radio tower at the Myrtle Reservoir Park will be removed. The removal involves the dismantling of the structure, foundation removal, and top soil application/reseeding. The completion date for all work is Friday, April 16, 2021.
Subscribe to the Monthly PSERN Bulletin
One of the ways that the PSERN Project keeps stakeholders up-to-date is through the monthly PSERN Bulletin newsletter, which goes out the first Thursday of the month. Click here to subscribe to the PSERN Bulletin.